Did you know ?
• Our school buses cover nearly 4700
miles in McCracken County every day.
• Our students are transported over 1.3
million miles each year!
• Our buses service every road in
McCracken County. Roads and bus
numbers may be found on the
Transportation link at mccrackentransportation.weebly.com/ or at
• Our transportation department’s
Kentucky Certified Mechanics conduct
scheduled inspections of over 100
vehicles every month.
• Buses must stop at all railroad crossings and cannot turn right on red at traffic lights.
• Students should be out and waiting at
the bus stop five (5) minutes before the
bus is scheduled to arrive and students
are not to walk between buses unless
• Students are to use voice level 1 when
riding a bus - and go to a voice level of
zero (0) when the interior lights are
• For a student to ride a bus that is not
his/her’s regular bus, the student must
have a note from the school - and give
that note to the bus driver.
• Students are to sit “bottom to bottom
and back to back” while on the bus.
• Students are not to have food or drinks
on the bus.
• Students cannot carry large items (such
as science projects) to and from school
on the bus.
• Drivers are required to keep student
rosters and assign seats.
• Passports are required for preschool,
kindergarten and first grade students.
• Once a student has boarded a bus, he/
she is not allowed off at any other point
than the designated drop-off point
unless directed by the principal or
• McCracken provides transportation for St Mary School System